Calling all GetGlue users: we’re looking for one of you to join our team and lead community engagement and support! See below for the detailed listing and submit your application, your GetGlue and Twitter username to email@example.com
Head of Community Engagement & Support
About the Position
GetGlue has built one of the largest social networks focused on TV and movies, with close to 4MM registered users. Our users engage heavily with our web and mobile applications by sharing what they are watching, engaging with each other’s comments, and interacting with content from the web and from our TV networks and movie studio partners.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about both entertainment and social networking to lead and manage our vibrant online community. The person should be a current GetGlue user, based on the West Coast and will be principally responsible for monitoring site activity during Primetime TV.
This is a critical role for us and there will be continuous growth opportunities for the right individual, including building and leading a community support staff as well as pioneering new content features for our site and with our TV network and movie studio relationships.
- Oversee and monitor site activity during Primetime TV hours (Sunday through Thursday, 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT through 1:00am ET / 10:00pm PT)
- Engage in live conversations with users over the GetGlue platform and mitigate low-level user support issues directly
- Escalate technical support challenges as needed and interact with systems support and QA teams
- Respond to user emails and provide product feedback from our users to our product team on an ongoing basis
- Formulate best practices for community support and hire and train a team of support personnel to additionally monitor site activity
- Increasingly contribute to our content strategy and work with our partnerships and business development team on community engagement projects
- Monitor GetGlue brand image across other social and online platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) and participate actively in those communities (e.g. promote tweets, respond to tweets)
- IMPORTANT: Must be a current GetGlue user who wants to take the next step and join our team!
- Previous work experience in a community manager or online support role
- Experience as a social media manager for an entertainment network or brand agency, or an content/editorial background, is a HUGE plus
- Must demonstrate social media acumen and passion for engaging with fan communities
- Ability to grasp operational issues and work with engineering on product quality and technical support
- Diligent and methodical in completing support queries but also grasps the larger picture of how active engagement supports a vital social community
- Good sense of humor combined with mature business judgment
- Please apply only if you are able to work the hours specified
If you think this job is for you please submit your application and your GetGlue and Twitter username to firstname.lastname@example.org